There are lots of different recreational family games that one can play with their children. Some families like to play board games while others like to play video games. But if you want to play games which provide real-life excitement and challenge the coordination and precision of everyone in your family, then darts games are by far the best recreational family games to play. It is one of the few types of games that develops skills which you can use in many aspects of your life.
There are lots of ways to make darts game exciting and fun, aside from simply throwing darts at the board and keeping score with a pen and paper. There are now darts apps that you can download onto your smartphone to help keep score and make the game more interactive for everyone involved. Then, of course, there are the different types of dart boards themselves which have a contributing factor to the quality of the game. Since you’ll be playing with children, you’ll want to use either an electronic dart board or magnetic dart board so that it is safe for them to play.
1) Shanghai: Shanghai is the perfect darts game for lots of family members to play together. It is both challenging and entertaining at the same time. There are 7 innings in the game and each player tries to strike a triple, double, and single within the same number during their turn. Most players might strike 2 out of 3 per turn, which still gets them points. But if a player does strike all 3 within one turn, they earn a “Shanghai” which means they automatically win. It is quite rare for any player to do this, though.
2) 501: Here is a simple but challenging game that families can enjoy. Each player starts with 501 points and every time they score points on the dart board, those points get subtracted from their 501 total. The first player to get 0 points will win the game. It has to be a perfect 0 too. For example, if a player has 5 points left, then they have to score a single value of 5 to win the game or else they have to keep playing until they do. If you want to find the best dart board to use for recreational darts games, then check out the darts blogging website called fun dartboards. They have reviewed numerous dart boards and have their own recommendations as to which ones are the best for certain purposes.
3) Cricket: Cricket is a classic family style darts game that is played in homes all over the world. Each player simply must strike all the numbered segments and the bullseye on the dart board before the other players do. The first player to strike them all will win the game. Since most family members might not be experienced at darts, then Cricket is a great game for introducing them to the art of darts playing.
4) Around the World: Around the World may be a bit more challenging for family members to play together but it is still fun nonetheless. Each player will try to strike the numbered segments from 1 to 20 in order and then strike the bullseye. It doesn’t matter where in the segment the dart lands as long as it is within the properly numbered segment. Because players must be precise, it can take a lot longer to finish his game. But that just means more quality family time together.
5) Legs: Here’s a darts game where family members compete to try and score the most points per turn. It doesn’t matter how you score the points just as long as you score the most. Here is how it works. When the first player earns a certain number of points, the next player needs to at least match those points or exceed them. If they don’t, then they lose a “leg.” If they do, then the first player loses a leg. Each player gets three legs per game and if they